22 Dec How to Apply to Study in Australia as International Student
If you decide to study in Australia you will need to learn how to apply to study in Australia as international student. There are many courses you can choose to study to advanced your career such as emerging technologies such as blockchain. The first step you will need to take is to find a course you wish to study and then apply for admission to an institution and lastly apply for a student visa from the Australian government.
Applying for Study Admission
The first step to take is to apply to a school that offers the course of your choice. All international students much study with an institution that offers CRICOS courses. There are two ways to enrol:
- Direct to the education provider
To apply directly, you only need to download the application form from the education provider’s website.
- Through an Australian education agent
Many institutions and RTOs partner with several agents to help you with the application process with institution and your visa application process. You may be asked to prepare supporting documentation to be included with your application. Depending on the course and provider, these documents may include:
- Certificates that verify your previous study, including the qualifications you already have. Most courses require year 12 or equivalent
- Evidence of English language proficiency.
- Certified copy of your passport.
- Certificates or documents that verify previous work experience if seeking for course credits.
In the case of blockchain courses in Australia, you can enquire from Blockchain Collective and they can set you up with an RTO (Registered Training Organisation) or an Australian education agent to help you determine what documents you need to prepare.
Letter of Offer
After your documentation has been submitted to the school and approved you will then receive a letter of offer, which is often referred to as a “LOO”. As confirmation, you need to respond to the letter by signing and sending back the acceptance of offer form to the institution. This can be done by ordinary mail or scanning and emailing the letter. Make sure to read the Letter of Offer carefully and take note of the following:
- Since the Letter of Offer is like a contract, it mentions the course you will be enrolled in and other enrolment conditions.
- It states the fees you need to pay and the refund payable if you don’t complete the course or if your student visa is not approved.
- Make sure you understand all your rights, including with the refund arrangements.
- And always keep a copy of the letter for your reference and any future claims.
In addition, you will need to pay the school the deposit for your enrolment before you can proceed to the next stage of the admission process. After you have accepted your letter of offer and paid your deposit, you will receive an eCoE or Electronic Confirmation of Enrolment through email. This will outline your course date of start, total course fees, and the duration of the course. You need the CoE for your student visa application process.
Application for Study Visa
When applying for a student visa, you need:
- eCoE certificate.
- Genuine Temporary Entrant requirement(GTE), also known as a statement of purpose.
- Certified copy of your passport.
- Provide evidence of Overseas Student Health Cover.
There are different requirements for obtaining a study visa depending on what country you are from and the course you choose to study. You may need to provide include additional documentation for your student visa application.
- Meet health and character requirements.
- Police records check
- Proof of sufficient funds for airfares, course fees, and living costs
Visit https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/web-evidentiary-tool to learn what documentation you will need to provide for your visa application. All documentation is uploaded electronically on the Australian immigration website and must be translated into English by a certified translator. You can process the application yourself or use a registered migration agent to help assist you if you are not comfortable with completing the visa application yourself.
The length of getting the decision on your visa application depends on several factors such as, what course you applied for, the country origin and the amount of application in the being processed at the time. Generally, the application takes between 4-6 weeks but can take up to 3 months or longer.
Extra Things to know about this Study Visa
- You can study up to 5 years and the course type and length will determine your length of stay.
- Travel in and out of Australia when not in school term.
- Can work up to 40 hours a fortnight during course term and unlimited during course break.
- To continue studying you must apply for a new student visa
- You may be eligible for a temporary graduate visa (485) when you complete your studies.
- Family members such as your partner or children can be included on the visa application
- The cost starts from AUD620 for the main applicant unless they are exempt.
- Can apply for the visa in or outside of Australia.
- Must inform the immigration department of changes such as phone number, address or passport information.
Australia is a popular destination to study for many international students because of the high level of education and the standard of living. Blockchain Collective is an educational body working with Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) and Universities to deliver a benchmark standard of education for blockchain courses empowers professionals and students with the necessary skills for a future in blockchain. The Advanced Diploma of Applied Blockchain 10747NAT is the first-ever in Australia. This course, and the Diploma of Applied Blockchain 10849NAT, also created by Blockchain Collective, is designed to equip people willing to gain knowledge and experience in applying blockchain frameworks to any business framework.